Book Title: Contemporary Orthodontics, 5e
Author: William R. Proffit DDS PhD
With an all-new, full-color format, the fourth edition of Contemporary Orthodontics is now arranged in seven sections that follow the curriculum guidelines prescribed by the American Dental Educators Association. It includes new and relevant information while avoiding older or outdated areas to remain a practical resource for multiple levels of orthodontic students and practitioners. Full-color clinical images and line drawings illustrate the written concepts more clearly than ever.
- Updated material on psychosocial problems in orthodontic treatment, oral function, and the relationship between injury and dental disease.
- Case studies throughout the text highlight the demand for orthodontic treatment, the etiology of orthodontic problems, and treatment planning for cleft lip and palate patients.
- NEW! Review of the contemporary applications of 3D imaging in both diagnosis and evaluation of treatment.
- NEW! Updated information on Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs) and miniplates.
- NEW! The latest advances in the biology of orthodontic treatment, including new ways to accelerate orthodontic tooth movement and the continuing evolution of improved fixed appliances.
- NEW! Over 200 new figures to illustrate new concepts and procedures.